Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Hummingbird Cupcakes.....
Hummingbird Cake is very reminiscent of Carrot Cake, in my opinion. Pineapple, banana, pecans, and a touch of cinnamon combine to make this cake incredibly moist, flavorful, and fragrant. Top with Cream Cheese frosting and a sprinkle of cinnamon, and create a rustic and warm treat for what little is left of our winter.

                                         

But of course, what makes this cupcake a showpiece are the pineapple flowers that I placed on top. I discovered these while perusing Martha Stewart's site a year ago or more, and I decided to give them a go. What I discovered is that I really have to like someone to feel an obligation to forge these little beauties, because a toasted pecan works fine for me.

They are a pain in the... train.

But if you are (as I am) a glutton for punishment, grab a few pineapples and slice away! I place the flowers in muffin tins while they were still warm in order to set them in more of a floral shape. And they actually do taste really delicious. I must give an additional warning: you need a very sharp knife for this. And no fresh scissor wounds on your knuckles.

No comments:

Post a Comment